Friday 15 May 2015

Swim a Mile

6/5/2015
On the 6th of May 2015, the TYs from St. Wolstan's made our way to the National Aquatic Centre in Blanchardstown in hopes of swimming a mile with a smile in support of the Ian Daly Foundation. We arrived at the NAC at around 10am and were straight into the dressing room. Some girls decided to swim the mile (which is the equivalent of laps of the pool) in groups of 4 or 5 and some very brave girls decided to swim the whole mile alone!!

Since I am a beginner at swimming, to say the least, I swam in a group of 4 people which included myself, Sadhbh, Eimhear and Chloe. This meant we only had to swim 16 laps each. At about the 10 lap marker, I had just about given up but with some brilliant coercing from Sadhbh I managed to not only finish my 16 laps but I completed 40 laps by the end of the day!!


Overall it was a great day. We got the opportunity to do something fun and challenging for a good cause and afterwords we were brought down to the Blanchardstown shopping centre for food and some shopping!








Thanks for reading,
                 Anita xx

No comments:

Post a Comment