Friday 20 March 2015

Third Work Placement

Haven't posted in a while what with all the different trips, competitions and Fridays away that come with TY, we haven't had IT class in over a month. Anyway, I finished my work experience placement at Peamount Hospital about 5 weeks ago (I know, crazy how time flies right?) and I began my new placement at St. James's on the 25th February 2015. I guess there is somewhat of a pattern in the placments I have chosen this year (The Irish Red Cross, Peamound & James's Hoisptal
). They are all somewhat medical, whichof course is an area I hope to enter in the future.

I started at half nine on the 23rd and I was slightly nervous as I didn't know my way to the hospital as I'd never been there before (smart move, I know *sigh*) but I managed to find it  easily enough. I arrived into town an hour early just to be on the safe side and when I stopped to ask for directions (something I am absolutely terrified of doing, might I add), the person I had asked was a 1st year midwifery student at the hospital and so led the way.

When I arrived at the hospital, that slight nervousness escalated to a bone crushingly terrifying a freak out. The hospital was absolutely nothing like Peamount. It was about 10x the size of Peamount to begin with, everybody was rushing around in a calm manner (If that makes any sense whatsoever). I felt absolutely miniscule to say the least.

My first day was't as exciting as I'd expected it to be. I didn't get to do any workl around the hospital as unfortunately my supervisor had nothing planned for me as she was in a meeting (bummer). So I folded letters and adressed envelopes for 6 hours until I went home at 3:30.





No comments:

Post a Comment